Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Grade : KNTC 3
Reporting to : Managing Director /General Manager Corporate Services
Supervises : Principal Officer Human Resources, Principal Administration
Officer, Senior Officers, Officers and Assistant Officers in the Division
Working Relationships : General Managers, All Division Heads, All Staff
The incumbent shall be responsible for provision of HR advisory services including recruitment & selection, placement, retention, training and development, performance management, discipline, administration of staff welfare and separation. He/She will also oversee Administration matters including estate and property management, security services, records management and coordination of general administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Participating in the development and implementation of the Corporation’s strategic plan and ensure effective contribution of the Human Resource function towards achievement of the plans;
- Preparing and control of Human Resource budgets;
- Ensuring that all employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and human resources programs are within established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of Corporation and local labour laws;
- Maintaining contact with the labour industry, other organizations and government departments to keep abreast and updated on developments that are relevant to the human resources process in the Corporation;
- Facilitating periodic review and update of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with changes in the regulatory and labour environment.
- Coordinating the performance management process to ensure that it is effective and that it is linked to the staff development programmes;
- Coordinating staff training and development programmes. This includes training needs analysis, evaluation of training, feedback to management, and coordination of special programmes;
- Coordinating the human resources planning process including staff recruitment and selection process for the organization;
- Managing the process of staff appointments, which includes issuance, renewal and termination of contracts;
- Ensuring that the organization maintains a compensation and benefits package that is internally equitable and externally competitive within its ability to pay;
- Ensuring provision of administrative support, which includes maintenance of personnel records, payroll administration, processing of staff benefits and management of retirement benefits scheme;
- Ensuring that KNTC maintains good employee and industrial relations through well managed staff welfare schemes, a healthy and safe working environment, effective management of disciplinary and grievance issues, and effective communication processes; and
- Coordinating employee related legal issues and advise management on appropriate course of action;
- Acting as a change management catalyst within the Corporation; include career development, and succession management;
- Ensuring that adequate insurance coverage for staff, premises, property and equipment of the organization are in place;
- Ensuring that KNTC assets are safeguarded from loss through fraud and error by maintaining an adequate system of internal controls;
- Manage Corporation’s records management;
- Oversee security services for the Corporation; and
- Oversee Estate and property management.
- Preparing and implementing the corruption prevention plan and strategies
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have at least eight (8) years relevant working experience three (3) of which should have been in management position;
- Have Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Higher National Diploma/ Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Be registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Have Valid Practicing certificate;
- Have Management course lasting not less four (4) weeks;
- Be Proficient in computer application skills;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Strategic thinking;
- Analytical skills;
- Understanding of Labour laws
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Team player who is self-motivated and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are hereby called upon to apply in confidence to the address below latest 7th September, 2020 enclosing cover letter, CV with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates and National Identity card.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100
KNTC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons including the Youth, Women, Persons with Disability and persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KNTC does NOT charge any fee at any stage of recruitment