Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates (OC’s) supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCA is one of those directorates, and the Nairobi Branch office being part of the decentralised regional/HQ offices for the Eastern Africa Region.
General Objective and Job Context
The person will be responsible for the development, sustainability, and quality of the logistics learning offered/provided to the field staff of MSF OCA. He or she will be the go-to person within the logistics department for learning related topics.
The Logistics Learning & Development advisor reports hierarchically to the Head of Department for Learning and Development (L&D), and functionally to the Coordinator Technical Logistics in headquarters.
He/she is a member of the L&D and the Field Support Unit (FSU) back office teams in Amsterdam. Due to proximity to the African-based missions and the international training centres, the position is based in the MSF regional hub in Nairobi.
Main Functions of the role
- Definition and development of the long-term vision for the logistics learning and development path, in line with the MSF OCA Strategic Plan and the L&D Vision
- Provide guidance to the development of the logistics learning- and development path for logistics field staff
- Regular analysis of learning needs, in order to identify potential gaps between the existing learning offer and the actual (and evolving) needs in the field
- Where needed, lead on the improvement of content in existing trainings and learning solutions
- Lead the development of new learning solutions in order to answer the identified needs, and ensure these new solutions match the L&D vision for learning
- Plan- and prioritize logistics learning offer during the yearly planning cycle
- Oversee temporary project managers and content developers
- Collaborate/Exchange with the other MSF sections’ Logistics Learning Advisors
- Collaborate/Exchange with external learning providers
- Monitor- and analyse the compliance level of the logistics learning offer
- Course coordination of identified courses within the logistics learning offer
- Organization of the planning and deployment of field-based trainings (e.g. Supply Chain Week)
- Organization of the facilitation of identified courses or modules within the logistics learning offer:
- Courses owned by the logistics function
- Logistics modules in courses organized by other functional departments
- Promotion- and communication of the logistics learning offer to the field teams
- Advise on fit of trainings (e.g. to HR pool managers and career managers)
- Pedagogical support to colleagues in the Logistics Department
Requirements & Competencies
- Work experience in the humanitarian sector, within Logistics and/or Supply roles is a requirement. Experience with MSF is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical Field in Logisitics/Supply. Master’s degree is desirable.Experience as a trainer, and demonstrated affinity with learning & development activities.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the design of learning solutions is a strong asset.
- Ability to combine a creative mind-set with analytical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal- & communication skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English is required; French is a strong asset.
- Occasional travel to the field (approximately 10-30%)
- Ability to travel approx. 3 times a year to HQ Amsterdam for 2 weeks, for networking- and collaboration purposes.
- Position based in Nairobi, Kenya at the Médecins Sans Frontières Nairobi Branch Office
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary of KES 2,974,271, and applicable Secondary benefits, based on MSF Nairobi Branch Office reward policy.
- Starting date: Immediately
Please send your application by 11th September 2020; a maximum 1 page letter of motivation and CV . Click the button below to apply
We thank you for your interest; please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer invites those persons with a recognised disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position. MSF embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce, for all interested to join our teams.