Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Murang’a County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
Assistant Director of Veterinary Services
Job Group ‘P’
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in carrying out economic impact assessment on animal diseases;
- Undertaking forensic investigations and compiling appropriate reports
- Offering veterinary services at ports of entry
- Undertaking disease control activities such as disease research, mapping, vaccination and enforcement of livestock movement regulations
- Training stakeholders on vector control programs, animal health, breeding welfare and good veterinary practices
- Treating sick animals
- Analyzing data and preparing reports on animal health, products and markets
- Undertaking postmortem examination and other diagnostic tests
- Interpreting laboratory results making appropriate recommendations
- Inspecting, grading and licensing plant processing animal products and transport carriers/ containers
- Examining and issuing animal health certificates
- Participating in field efficacy trials for drugs, vaccines and acaricides
- Disseminating data/ information on animal health, products and markets
- Collaborating with stakeholders in providing veterinary services
Requirements for appointment
- Be in possession of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) degree from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Be registered by Kenya veterinary Board
- Have a master of science degree in any of the following disciplines:- veterinary medicine, veterinary surgery, livestock economics, forensic science, Animal nutrition and feed sciences, Animal Genetics and Breeding, clinical studies, veterinary public health, livestock production systems, poultry science, veterinary anatomy and reproductive biology from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer Application skills from a recognized institution.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
How to apply
Application forms can be accessed at HERE. Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered to the County Public Service Board offices on or before close of business on 4th September 2020 in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52-10200
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Murang’a County Government is an equal opportunity employer