Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Commercial team in Kenya as Area Sales Manager.
As the Area Sales Manager based in Nairobi, you will add immediate value by formulating objectives, driving the implementation and sales performance as well as develop short-term sales strategy in multiple country territories. You will provide direction and leadership to the staff to ensure that the global/territory sales strategies of the airline are successfully implemented.
This represents a fantastic opportunity in a fast paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Directing, monitoring and following up the sales leads and selling activities within the assigned territories to deliver on the commercial objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Initiate, drive and increase sales activities to ensure that revenue targets are met.
- Development and implement plans to manage a permanently active pipeline of new corporate business to support the annual Commercial vision.
- Formulate and implement competitive sales strategies to drive the short-term sales performance of the multiple country territories portfolio.
- Collaborate with CBI, marketing, sales support teams using them as supports to drive the performance and deliver results and business change
- Ensure portfolio structure, processes and related activity is optimized to drive commercial priorities
- Drives ‘incremental’ revenue that could not otherwise be sold QR digital direct and does so without creating conflict with QR digital direct opportunity.
- Drives continuous improvement to sales processes across the QR global network with the appropriate use of technology and process driven innovations to enable efficiencies.
- Optimise cost of sale by minimising exposure to sales waivers and incentive programs and exploiting lower cost of sale channels.
- Manages annual budget planning and monitoring for revenue, operating cost, capital expenditure.
- Act as the primary representative for media engagements within assigned territories to maintain a strong Qatar Airways brand images. Development of key regional materials including sales, marketing and product presentations.
- Maintain relationships with key industry bodies, diplomatic missions, governments, airports within the assigned territories.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of territorial sales and share these local market dynamics and opportunities with HQ departments.
- Formulate and implement plans to drive team engagement, attract and maintain the best industry talent and ensure a full pipeline of ‘future seller’ prospects.
The successful person will have:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent with at least nine years’ of job-related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with minimum eight years’ of job-related experience
- Extensive commercial experience in a leading international airline.
- Substantial experience in driving and delivering significant business change.
- Proven ability to manage a multi-country sales force with a commercial mind-set.
- Exceptional leadership skills coupled with a positive attitude and the ability to develop and nurture partnerships within the organisation.
- Sound knowledge of the travel industry with the insight and ability to forecast future trends.
- Ability to develop effective sales techniques and deliver measureable results in exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.