Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a Manager/ Senior Officer in supporting water service regulatory activities through provision of legal services to promote efficiency and viability in the provision of water services.
Reporting Relationship: Senior Legal Officer
Supervises : None
This is the entry grade for this cadre and the duties and responsibilities entail:
- Interpreting legal cases;
- Advising the management on all legal requirements and prosecution procedures;
- Issuing instructions to agreement and contract defaulters;
- Drafting and implementing legal agreements and contracts in liaison with relevant departments, divisions, and units;
- Ensuring compliance with the legal framework, agreements, and contracts;
- Preparing legal opinions on legal cases; and
- Carrying out research on emerging legal issues.
In addition, the duties in regard to the Board Secretariat will be as follows:
- Providing administration and logistical support to the wider Board function;
- With the guidance of the Corporation Secretary, manage the diary of events of the Board;
- Facilitate travel and accommodation logistics for the Board events and Meetings including transport arrangements and distribution of the applicable documentation;
- Support the production of reports and documents for various meetings including the full Board and Board Committee Meetings;
- Provide logistical support for the Board Induction program; and
- Timely archive of e-Board online documentation including organization and retention processes on e-Board.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- For Officer at Grade 5, At least two (2) years relevant work experience or Entry Level for Grade 6
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Current Law Practicing Certificate
- Be a member of a relevant professional body (LSK)
- Proficiency in Computers skills and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6)of the Constitution.
Key Competence and Skills
- Working and supervising people
- Applying technical expertise
- Customer and stakeholder orientation
- Drive for results
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing; and
- IT Proficiency
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of Director Standards, Licensing & Advocacy will be on Five (5) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance, while all the other positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
How to Apply
All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621 00100,
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on Tuesday 15th September 2020. Due to the threat caused by COVID –19, the applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.