Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a Manager/ Senior Officer in monitoring and inspecting water utilities against set standards for Water Service delivery.
Senior Monitoring and Inspectorate Officer
The duties and responsibilities entail assisting in:
- Carry out surveillance of the sector through inspections including compliance with standards for design, asset development & Management, Water quality, Operation & Maintenance, governance, Non-Revenue Water, and human resource;
- Review and analyse capital works plan of the WSPs and Water Works Development Agencies (WWDAs);
- Develop and implement criteria/checklist for proper handover of assets for water and sanitation services provision;
- Track attainment of minimum service level commitments;
- Develop and implement the schedule for monitoring of licensees and enforce licence conditions;
- Develop and implement the schedule for inspection of water works and water services to ensure that such works and services meet the prescribed standards;
- Propose indicators for tracking progress in the implementation of the Water Strategy and make appropriate recommendations;
- Undertake data validation on the performance of Water Utilities;
- Contribute to the development of the data collection and validation tool to be used by the Water Service Providers and WWDAs;
- Review reports from the part-time inspectors;
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Board; and
- Provide oversight for all division’s assets;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or any other relevant field from a recognized institution with at least Two (2) years’ work experience or Entry level for grade 6;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Working and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Drive for results:
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing; and
- IT Proficiency
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of Director Standards, Licensing & Advocacy will be on Five (5) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance, while all the other positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
How to Apply
All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621 00100,
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on Tuesday 15th September 2020. Due to the threat caused by COVID –19, the applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.