Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a Manager/ Senior Officer in supporting water service regulatory activities through provision of economic/financial analysis to promote efficiency and viability in the provision of water services.
Reporting Relationship: Senior Tariffs Officer
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Assist in evaluation of tariff applications
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of tariffs
- Analyse quarterly data on tariff implementation
- Assist in tariff implementation reviews
- Assist in data analysis for annual sector report
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Assist in analysing trends in revenues and expenses of institutions in the water sector.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from a recognized institution;
- Qualification in Finance or Accounting –CPA Part II, or ACCA Part II;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the relevant fieldor Entry level for Grade 6;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
- Any other qualification as may be adjudged as relevant by the
Key Competencies and Skills
- IT proficiency
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Project planning and management skills
- Must be able to undertake medium to long-term financial analysis and investment planning
- Strategic leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- High Integrity and team building skills
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations, and financial resources
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of Director Standards, Licensing & Advocacy will be on Five (5) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance, while all the other positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
How to Apply
All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621 00100,
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on Tuesday 15th September 2020. Due to the threat caused by COVID –19, the applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to email@example.com with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.