Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Girl Effect
Girl Effect is a creative nonprofit, empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, they are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that they use to solve global problems in a different way. Girl Effect works across the world in the places where girls are marginalized and vulnerable, creating for young people in ways they love and can interact with. This is all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls. As Girl Effect continues to scale and grow – they are hugely ambitious for their future and are looking for people who are driven by this change in the world for girls.
The Girl Effect team comprises a diverse mix of individuals across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). The role holder will learn and grow in an environment that challenges one to think and work with a fresh perspective. At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to their cause to create lasting impact.
About the role
Girl Effect’s Global Finance function is rapidly evolving to meet the changing needs of the organisation and of girls around the world. Over the coming months Girl Effect is refreshing the way they work, ensuring robust controls around all key Finance processes.
The Finance Manager will act as a critical bridge – supporting impactful collaboration between regional finance colleagues (in India, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Malawi) alongside the programme and global finance teams based in London. The role will focus on building skills and confidence in relation to financial processes and systems within the region and will also be exposed to the organisation’s full range of Financial Management activities.
Supporting strong financial controls across Girl Effect’s countries of operation
- Work with the Finance Director and Finance Manager in the UK to review and refresh core financial controls, including segregation of duties and management control review
- Support the design and implementation of internal audits/internal control reviews across the globe
- Own the organisation’s Global Finance Manual and ensure it is up-to-date and sufficiently robust to meet the organization’s needs
- Support the Finance Director on all aspects of day to day financial accounting and reporting requirements across the region.
Coaching and capacity building of colleagues across the globe
- Lead the delivery of standardised finance training across the globe in relation to financial management and fraud awareness
- Deliver high-quality finance induction sessions for new joiners to Girl Effect
- Provide ad-hoc coaching to country colleagues in relation to financial controls, processes and troubleshooting
Leading projects to strengthen Girl Effect’s finance function
- Proactively manage and implement priority projects for the global finance function, and input into the overall package of development initiatives led by the finance team
- Work to improve systems, review and redesign core reporting templates, including but not limited to management accounts
- Draft standardized finance policies and processes in line with global best practice
Does this sound like you?
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 8 years of experience with at least 5 years within the private sector
- Proven experience in financial accounting, budgeting,and management reporting
- Experience working for an organisation with several dispersed teams – either across the globe or within a region or country
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and communication skills, ideally with experience of training finance and non-finance professionals from different backgrounds
- Strong project management skills with the ability to keep track of multiple work streams in a busy operating environment
- Track record of introducing, reviewing and/or developing internal control systems
- Strong background working in an environment of rapid growth with the ability to bring energy and a dynamic approach to work that creates a positive can-do culture
- Experience working in donor funded organizations is an added advantage
- CPA (K)
Apply by 30 August 2020