Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Commissioner General’s Office
Division: Transformation Leadership Office (TLO)
Section: Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
Location: Times Tower, Nairobi
The Manager Portfolio and Projects Management is responsible for defining Project Management Policies, Standards and Procedures; defining and managing Project Governance Processes; defining and managing Projects Portfolio and Programmes Processes; enforcing adherence to Project Management Standards; Projects oversight to ensure their completion within Time, Budget, and Quality constraints; and leading Projects Change Management initiatives.
- Development and publishing of Project Management Policies, Standards, Procedures, and Tools.
- Lead the corporate Projects Portfolio Management practice.
- Lead the corporate Programmes Management practice.
- Enforcement of Project Management Standards.
- Quality Management for Project Documents.
- Provision of technical Project Governance support for Project Boards.
- Provision of technical support for Project Implementation Teams (including issues resolution monitoring).
- Projects conceptualisation and development of Project Proposals together with business departments.
- Serve as Secretariat for the Projects Appraisal Committee (PAC).
- Projects Budgeting and Resource Mobilization (including Donor Engagement).
- Projects, Portfolio, and Programmes reporting.
- Ensuring alignment of Projects to Corporate Strategy.
- Internal Capacity Building on Project Management and Project Governance
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: Communications plan, Sponsor roadmap, Coaching plan, Training plan, and Resistance management plan.
- Lead transition of Projects to Operations.
- Identify and manage any anticipated resistance by Project Stakeholders.
- Evaluate and ensure users’ readiness to be involved in Project implementation and to effectively use the Project’s Products. It is expected that this will achieved through sensitization, skilling and reskilling initiatives.
- Oversee Implementation of assigned Projects and report to Chief Manager EPMO as required.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computing, Project Management or related disciplines
- Master’s degree in Business, Computing, Project Management or related disciplines is an added advantage
- Project Management professional certifications, especially PRINCE2.
- Change Management professional certifications are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience and 2 years’ management experience in Projects, Portfolio or Programmes Management.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to define fit for purpose solutions.
- Good understanding of KRA’s business
- Strong team working and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource mobilization.
- Ability to find innovative ways of solving or preempting problems.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 9th September 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.