Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LEGAL MANAGER (1 POSITION) – REF: MAM/HR/01/2020
The Legal Manager will report to the General Manager.
Responsible for rendering legal services in preparation of legal opinions, contracts, reports and correspondence as well as ensuring the provision of effective legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural issues within the Business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Providing legal opinion on matters relating to property, real estate & commercial matters;
- Offering advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property;
- Working to protect the interest of MAM/clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities;
- Conducting research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone;
- Preparing property lease agreements ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer;
- Overseeing the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, and Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission;
- Drafting legal documents;
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors;
- Researching information and communicating with clients;
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements;
- Contributing to the Business strategy and company objectives; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
Key qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required.
For appointment to this position, the candidate must have the following qualifications: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Must be an Advocate of the High court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate;
- Must have at least 3 years (post law school) work experience in a busy law firm or commercial space;
- Working knowledge of conveyancing, litigation & land registry procedures;
- Must have hands on experience in interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations; and
- Experience in commercial law will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must be a person of integrity and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment;
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organization and formidable negotiation skills;
- Creative, ambitious, self-driven and results-oriented with an understanding of performance driven business;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Good documentation & retrieval skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
How to apply:
Interested persons are to send their online application letters, updated CV, copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned on or before Friday, 4th September 2020.
The General Manager
Mwalimu Asset Management Limited
Upper Hill, Hill Lane-Off Mara Road
P.O Box 62641-00200
City Square, Nairobi.
N/B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mwalimu Asset Management Limited is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.