Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Support Services Ltd (RSS Group) is an independent employee-owned research consulting and institutional strengthening firm established to conduct health, policy, social, agricultural, environmental and development research through innovation, partnership and capacity building, with the aim of promoting evidence-based decision-making.
RSS is currently looking to engage two (2) dynamic and experienced consultants to provide short-term technical assistance in the roles of an Agricultural Economist and Agribusiness / Value Chain Specialist.
The successful individuals shall join a team of like-minded experts in conducting needs analysis and policy reviews of an anticipated agricultural project in Kenya. This is a senior role in the project with high impact on policy.
We are seeking qualified and self-motivated individuals with the following key qualifications;
- Advanced Degree in Agricultural Economics, Food Processing, Agribusiness Management or Statistics; Significant practical experience shall be considered in lieu of advanced qualifications;
- Excellent skills in microeconomics, agricultural development models, policy review / formulation, econometrics and project evaluations gained from engagements within Africa; Practical experience in agro-processing needs analysis, impact evaluations, microeconomics and/or agricultural statistics;
- Good knowledge of the crops sub-sector in Kenya; In-depth understanding of Kenya socio-cultural context, rural and poor communities; Specific experience as a senior team member in agricultural research projects along the production and processing nodes within tea, coffee and cash crop value chains will be a plus;
- Experience in coordinating research projects and managing cross-functional teams for Projects or Programmes in the Agribusiness sector in Africa; Past experience in processor-centric agricultural surveys as well as household studies within smallholder cash-crop farmers in poor and rural communities;
- Strong capacity to create linkages with producers, processors, and national and county governments in the agriculture sector; ability to obtain necessary permits and clearances from National Government and relevant local authorities.
- Strategic thinker with proven capability to translate research findings into concrete policies, action plans and roadmap; with a specific focus on agricultural value chains, agribusiness development, rural finance, rural markets, gender and economic empowerment;
- Proven record of ethical conduct including research ethics and track-record for delivering highly successful project results; Excellent report writing and presentation skills; Project management capability, team player, attention to detail and ability to negotiate with ease.
- Strong supervision, project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili; Good interpersonal, translation and negotiating skills;
- Good working knowledge of office computer applications;
The assignment shall be conducted within the Republic of Kenya between October 2020 and January 2021.
If feel you are the right person we are looking for, send a cover letter outlining how you are qualified for the assignment, copies of academic certificates and CV to;
Ensure you state the vacancy reference “Agriculture Expert: RSS/2020/08/002/AFA” in the subject line.
Applications MUST be received on or before 31st August 2020.
Applications shall be processed on a rolling basis and final award is contingent to client funding.