Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POST Ref: SNP/04/08/20)
- In liaison with the Principal, determine the college purchasing needs and departmental specifications.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of procurement activities and ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the PPOA.
- Developing and reviewing procurement policies and strategies
- Spearheading periodic valuation of polytechnic assets, market research and surveys
- Conducting stock taking and ensuring safe custody of procured goods
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of existing policies, regulations and procedures;
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for materials, equipment, supplies and services locally and internationally (where applicable)
- Monitoring supplier performance to asses ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Lead negotiation efforts in major contractual agreements with suppliers.
- Overseeing implementation and effective use of e-procurement system;
- Coordinating preparation and consolidating procurement budgets and plans
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotations, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Analyzing invoices against receiving reports before authorization of payment to suppliers and making follow-ups to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Monitoring purchases of capital or recurrent expenditure against budget and usage of goods and services within the college to ensure minimal expenditure.
- Initiating the process of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete and surplus stores and equipment.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A candidate must have served in the post of Supply Chain Manager or its equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years in a comparable institution
- Have Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: -Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Business Administration (Purchasing and Supplies) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or a related area from a reputable institution.
- Have a certificate in management course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability.
- Have a valid full membership to a professional body; Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Have a practising Certificate from KISM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should send their application letters with detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials together with national Identity Card so as to reach the undersigned not later than 10th September, 2020.
The Sigalagala National Polytechnic
Sigalagala National Polytechnic is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.