Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOS CV KE) is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) – International whose mission is to build families for with adequate parental care, nurture them, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, SOS CV Kenya runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education, health, youth and child rights advocacy programmes and works Government, Civil Society and local communities to prevent family separation through its Family Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become Community Development Worker (CDW) for SOS Children’s Villages – FSP, Suba.
Key Functions of the Job
The CDW will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Management of the Family Support program
- Responsible for all Target Group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program
- Facilitate Open communications within the Family Support Team and other departments
- Facilitate the educational development of children in the target group
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the support groups, Community Health Workers and community representatives
- Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and community
- Data Management and Protection
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences / community development / child psychology or related disciplines.
- Knowledge in data collection, analysis and knowledge management
- Prior experience with project cycle management in a complex project
- At least 3 years progressive experience working with vulnerable populations (children, youth, women]) and community groups.
- Previous experience in child -focused organizations working with children on care, protection and advocacy OVC Case management approach will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili is preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral skills in English, Kiswahili and local language
- Strong report writing skills.
- Should be able to ride motor
- Extensive ability to use and support of standard micro computing applications such as Microsoft OFFICE SUITE and office 365
- Knowledge of supporting Windows client and virtual servers.
- Knowledge on data entry on Children protection information management system portal
- Knowledge in analyzing the reports from the CPIMS data
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (English and Swahili)
- High quality written & oral communication ability
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
How to Apply
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resources to reach us on or before 7th September 2020 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.