Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location Nairobi, Kenya
Salary 3,458,890 KES to 3,854,474 KES (depending on experience)
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an experienced communications specialist to take on the new role of Communications Manager, Country Programmes. This role will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya and will have a truly global impact. It is initially offered on an 18 month fixed-term contract with the intention to extend thereafter, subject to funding.
About the role
As Communucations Manager; Country Programmes, you will develop, coordinate and implement strategies that ensure that GAIN is able to tell the real and compelling stories of the work it is delivering across the globe.
Role specifics include;
- Develop, coordinate and supervise execution of the global communications strategy in GAIN countiries
- Coordinate outreach to public and media and messaging to be consistent across all countries
- Deliver regular thought leadership content e.g. interviews, podcasts, opinion pieces
- Strengthen the digital communication at country levels through targeted digital engagement and positioning, develop the capacity of country offices to sustain an up-to-date online (GAIN website) and social media presence
- Build internal communications capacity by providing timely and effective information to all staff across countries, promote stronger staff engagement, identify priority events ie. awareness days
- Provide guidance, tools and content across the organisation to reinforce coherence in messaging and brand
- Systematically employ monitoring and metric tools for measuring impact, gauging gaps and assisting fine tuning of our public communications strategy
You must be a self-starter with proven experience of working in a similar role, preferably with an NGO or international organisation. You’ll be an effective communicator and be able to use this skill to develop positive relationships to motivate the team and external stakeholders. In addition, you will have substantial experience in the field of media relations and / or public relations and corporate communications, preferably across multiple low or middle income countries. You must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal. Fluency in another GAIN country language would be an advantage.
Closing Date13 Sep 2020