Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $80 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated
- Responsible for the development of concepts and oversee design of all aspects of our digital presence i.e. campaigns, significant conversations, including email, and display campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the ACT members and other colleagues to amplify our key messages, campaigns through our online channels i.e. Twitter, IG, YouTube and blogs
- Create visual content including infographics, data charts and short thematic video clips.
- 1. Essential job functions:
- You should be able to translate data, research findings or recommendations into digital and social content that compels target audiences to act and engage.
- Identify, develop and monitor online campaigns & conversations while plugging into global, regional and national significant days
- Prepare & present accurate reports on our online engagements and overall performance
- Identify the latest trends and conversations affecting our interventions and approaches related to hunger
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, service quotas, and target audience.
- Work with the ACT team to brainstorm new and innovative content & campaign strategies
- Champions staff capacity building across the organization to enhance project management competencies
Gender Equality Commitments
- Fosters an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provides a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respects beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Values and respect all cultures.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working Conditions
This position which is based at the Action Against Hunger HEARO office which is located in Nairobi. The jobholder must be available to work outside normal office hours. He/she must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Communications with specific focus on design, campaigns or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital content, campaigns, marketing or advertising.
- Experience in design
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital engagements
- Strong team player and experience collaborating with key business partners i.e., finance, HR, supply chain management and ensuring that programs receive timely project support and inputs
- A self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to manage competing priorities without direct supervision
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Action Against Hunger gives a stipend to Interns of Kshs 1,500 per working day.