Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE, ECONOMIC PLANNING AND ICT
Position: Director of Public Communications
Job Group CPSB 03 (1 Post)
Basic Salary: Ksh 121,430 x 6,070- 127,500 x 6,370- 133,870 x 6,570- 140,440 x 6,770- 147,210 x 6,960- 154,170 x 7,160- 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Public Communication will report to the Chief Officer ICT, e-Government and Communication. Specific duties will include:
- Initiate, review public communications policy and design appropriate programmes and infrastructure to facilitate its implementation;
- Initiate research on various Public Communication issues and developing appropriate interventions and response;
- Coordinate internal and external communications;
- Develop standards and regulations in the management of public communications functions;
- Advise the Executive on Public and International Relations relevant to the County functions and ensure the County promotes a positive cooperate image;
- Coordinate the entire County’s corporate affairs, activities and development;
- Provide media coverage to the County functions and overseeing the functioning of the media center;
- Organize and manage press release, press conferences, writing guest columns; and preparing official speeches and briefs for H.E. The Governor;
- Produce and communicate publications on the County programs, activities and investment opportunities
- Establish and manage a database of news and information; and
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have served in the grade of Assistant Director of Public Communications or its equivalent in the wider Public service for a minimum period of three (3) years and has been in continuous service for a period of not less than ten (10) years or served in a comparable and relevant position in the private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years at senior management level in a large organization.
- Have a Master’s degree in Communication Studies, Mass Communication, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Sciences or Journalism or any other approved equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism from a recognized institution.
- Have experience of at least ten (10) years in a communication or media position;
- Have Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Knowledge of a foreign language will be an added advantage;
- Be abreast with current affairs and public sentiments;
- Have proven communication, writing, editing and proficiency skills;
- Have proven knowledge and understanding of print, broadcast, online media and legislative process;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill Chapter Six requirements of the constitution of Kenya, 2020 on integrity and leadership before appointment.
How to Apply
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 10th September, 2020 at 5.00 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email email@example.com will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY