Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, a reputable financial institution within the region, is looking for a forward-thinking and experienced individual to fill the role of Director, Finance. The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance professional with extensive understanding of and exposure to leading practice (technology and data enabled) financial management within the financial services sector
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will be responsible for providing direction in financial resource planning, monitoring, and management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives for the institution.
The role holder will be a member of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of leading practice strategies, policies, and initiatives within assigned portfolio to ensure the provision of excellent services to the organisation.
- Working with other members of the leadership team to formulate strategies and plans, and in decision making, ensuring the organisation’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensuring compliance with laws, policies/guidelines, regulations and standards,including providing strategic leadership and develop finance teams in the organisation as well as demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department’s strategic objectives and direction to all staff.
- Ensuring implementation of departmental strategic initiatives and developing processes and procedures to guide finance operations and accounting processes.
- Overseeing the preparation and publishing of the organisation’s annual financial statements and other regulatory and stakeholder reporting.
- Ensuring the organisation’s budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed in accordance with policy and best practice, and that the budget is aligned to and supportive of the strategy of the organisation.
- Ensuring implementation of agreed audit recommendations and that external Management Letter points (ML) are addressed.
- Managing the organisation’s policies regarding capital requirements/expenditure,acquisition and disposals as is appropriate and ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Managing relevant finance and operations functions to minimize risks and enhance efficiency and effectiveness including overseeing preparation and presentation to the board.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends in financial accounting and sharing learning with the finance team and management where appropriate.
- Reviewing and signing off on /approving disbursement of the payroll and approving payment of sensitive and material amounts in line with organisations policy and guidelines.
- Ensuring timely update of operations policies/policy guidelines, risk register,processes and operations manual.
- Enforcing compliance with KRA and service charters and ensuring all finance and accounting documents are maintained for permanency as the law dictates.
- Overseeing maintenance and sustainability/availability of finance IT systems.
- Mentoring, coaching and mobilizing assigned staff to achieve planned performance results and overseeing training of new staff in the department on work procedures and organisations core values and policies to ensure effective client service
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s in business administration in finance/strategy or any other relevant area from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Full membership with relevant local, regional or global professional bodies is a mandatory requirement.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in financial management in a demanding financial and accounting reporting environment preferably financial services sector.
- At least five years in career history must be in a similar role in terms of scale and complexity.
- Demonstrable/ working knowledge of an accounting system and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) including use of business intelligence concepts and tools.Summary of technical competencies
- Ability to set finance strategy aligned to the overall organisation’s strategy, using appropriate metrics and models to drive the organisation’s quality decision making process.
- Financial reporting; understanding and application of the reporting standards as well as interpreting and applying accounting and reporting pronouncements issued by accounting standard setters, legislators and other financial reporting regulators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think laterally and analyse scenarios while drawing suitable conclusions and knowledge of leading practices in financial management and operations.
- Demonstrable ability to identify financial exposures impacting the organisation and execute appropriate financial risk solutions, taking into account the wider financial and operational environment including employing tools and techniques for measuring, mitigating or transferring those risks.
- Ability to lead implementation of at least one disruptive technology to deliver finance automation aimed at scaling and reducing finance work effort, boosting foundational automation by deploying adaptive technologies, embed digital analytics in the delivery of finance services to stakeholders, lead progressive data management and mining of untapped data sources.
Summary of behavioural/general competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Planning and organization
- Strategic thinking skills
- Commercial acumen
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders
- Tact and diplomacy
- People management
If your experience matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 4 September 2020. Only applications submitted through the email address stated in the advert will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.