Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref: STTI 02/08/20 Job Group ‘K’
- In liaison with the Principal, determine the college procurement needs and departmental specifications.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of procurement activities and ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the PPOA.
- Developing and reviewing procurement policies and strategies
- Spearheading periodic valuation of college assets, market research and surveys
- Conducting stock taking and ensuring safe custody of procured goods
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of existing policies, regulations and procedures;
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for materials, equipment, supplies and services
- Monitoring supplier performance to asses ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Overseeing implementation and effective use of e-procurement system;
- Coordinating preparation and consolidating procurement budgets and plans
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotations, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Analyzing invoices against receiving reports before authorization of payment to suppliers and making follow-ups to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Initiating the process of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete and surplus stores and equipment.
A candidate must have served in the post of Supply Chain Officer or its equivalent for a minimum period of two (2) years in a comparable institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or a related area from a reputable institution.
- Member of KISM/CIPS.
- Fulfilled the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability.
Interested and qualified individuals should send their application letters with detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials together with national identity card so as to reach the undersigned not later than September 7, 2020.
Shamberere Technical Training Institute
P.O. Box 1316-50100
Email address: email@example.com
Shamberere Technical Training Institute is an equal opportunity employer.