Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KIWASH activities are implemented in nine counties in two principal focus areas: Busia, Nyamira, Migori, Siaya, Kisumu, and Kakamega counties in the Lake Victoria Focus Area, and Kitui, Makueni, and Nairobi counties in the Tana/Athi Focus Area.
DAI/KIWASH is recruiting for two positions for the Nairobi and Kisumu offices.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will assist the Senior M&E Manager to design and manage systems for data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management. S/he will also assist the Senior M&E Manager to ensure that the KIWASH project team generates data and learns from project activities on an ongoing basis to identify the highest return opportunities; ensure effective knowledge management; inform the project’s adaptive management approach; and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
- S/He will assist the Senior M&E Manager to undertake the following tasks;
- S/he will support the Senior M&E Manager to Develop and roll-out the KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and dissemination of materials;
- Oversee implementation of the KIWASH Performance Management Plan (PMP) and M&E system; set up and maintain the M&E systems;
- Ensure high data quality through regular quality control reviews: facilitate and ensure collection of high quality data;
- Establish strategies to streamline the M&E process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information; and help implement the same;
- Will support the implementation of the project’s Learning Agenda and provide comprehensive analysis of learning outcomes to inform project interventions;
- Support technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets and gather quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators and targets;
- Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation;
- Conduct participatory M&E of field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impacts;
- Supervision and monitoring of remote data collection;
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
- Will support the program units with data analysis, reporting and presentation for the quarterly and annual reports;
- Conduct M&E training to partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in M&E, Statistics or related field;
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization especially in the design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies, and impact evaluations for complex development programs.
- Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans.
- Experience with Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) and Knowledge Management practices
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills;
- Ability to create organizational work plans;
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities;
- Training skills to build the capacity of partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH staff, county government officials and the local communities;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SPSS, ODK, Google meet and forms;
- Knowledge and practical application of GIS.
Base of Operations
- Kisumu and Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the other KIWASH project sites as needed.
- The M&E specialist will report to the Senior M&E Manager.