Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Penda Health is an award-winning company that delivers high quality, trustworthy healthcare. Our vision is for everyone in Africa to have healthcare they can trust. Penda is rapidly expanding – today our team of 400+ employees operates 17 Medical Centres in Nairobi, Kiambu & Kajiado Counties. As a healthcare organization, Penda works closely with the government in everything we do.
The core of your job is to own Penda Health partnership with the government. You will be pioneering this new role in our External Affairs department and will be working directly for our Director of External Affairs.
Today the Government Relations team is composed of two mid-career external relationship specialists. We see the team expanding slowly over the next 5 years as we expand into new geographies and new service lines.
- Build a team of excellent and proactive government relations specialists who help Penda achieve our expansion and service delivery goals in compliance with all relevant regulations
- Develop and execute Penda Health’s strategy to maintain an excellent partnership with the government in which Penda is seen as a key ally to deliver on the vision of UHC
- Ensure deep relationships with government officials and key stakeholders such Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council, County Health Teams, Kenyan Healthcare Federation, and others
- Manage a team to analyze and execute impact policy/advocacy projects across the healthcare sectors
- Maintain strategic oversight on compliance in collaboration with the legal team
- Make sure Penda’s culture is supported and expanded in everything we do
- 5 or more years of experience in a senior government relations role
- Previous success in pushing for improvements or modernization of a sector
- Strong networks in the healthcare sector
- Excellence in leading teams to make them efficient and effective
- Base salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Competitive benefits including comprehensive medical cover and participation in a staff ownership program