Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref: 200004TN
Role Purpose: Save the Children is recruiting Knowledge Management and Learning Officer who will support the research, learning and knowledge management functions within the Nomadic Health Project. Closely work with Research and Learning Manager, MEAL and program team with the overarching goal of ensuring coherence and complementarity.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 15 months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Program Manager
Location: Wajir (With travels to Mandera)
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
Key Areas of Accountability
Learning and Knowledge Management
- Designing and implementing Knowledge management strategies for the project with technical support from Research and Learning Manager.
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of knowledge and learning products, capturing lessons at the project level in coordination and collaboration with the communications and projects team. This includes studies/reports, briefs, workshops, case studies, knowledge notes, and e-learning.
- Work collaboratively with Research and Learning Manager ,MEAL and program staff to identify, and prioritize types of knowledge to develop and capture
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of project learning and research findings; provide summary of findings, learning and recommendations and share these with program staff.
- Ensure uploading of learning products and reports into sharepoint and other relevant online systems and maintain such database systems.
- Work with Research and Learning manager to ensure that key learning’s are incorporated in upcoming proposal plans and interventions.
- Review of the project learning questions, or modify learning activities and evaluate learning agenda periodically to ensure its continued relevance.
- Contribute to strengthening of MOH staff capacity on knowledge management to make better use of information for better decision making
- Monitor, collate and disseminate information from leading communities of practice on project thematic areas and share with project team
Program Delivery and Monitoring
- Contribute to the annual reporting process to ensure high-quality, timely reporting to donors on results achieved.
- Deliver a joint work plan embedding knowledge management activities in core model processes, and capturing synergies between the knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation and communications.
- Monitor and review regular sources of information and data from field Offices required for the regular updating of information and knowledge products.
- Contribute to the quality of program design – reviewing log-frames, results frameworks, project plan, strategic plans, MEAL Plan.
- To carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in action plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, communication, public health, education, development, or information technology)
- Minimum one year professional experience in development work
- Strong writing skills, evidenced by experience drafting documents (e.g. case studies or reports) for a wide range of audiences (technical, programmatic, policy makers, etc.)
- Past experience in knowledge management, health education, or public health programs, especially in RMNCH projects
- Experience managing Web tools like blogs, community of practice sites
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and proficient in the use of ODK/Kobo and data analysis programmes e.g. SPSS and Stata. Knowledge of graphic design and multimedia communication tools an advantage
- Demonstrable track-record in data management, with the ability to manage large database.
- Ability to analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Familiarity with project frameworks [design/implementation/M&E] cycle
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi -location, values driven teams;
- Proficiency in the languages of Northern Kenya highly desirable
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please CLICK HERE to apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Closing Date: Sep 7, 2020