Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children | East and Southern Africa Office
Regional Child Protection Manager (Children on the Move)
Job Ref: 200004TO
Employee Status: Fixed Term
The Regional Programming Unit’s over-arching goal for the period 2019 – 2021 is to ensure regional accountability for child rights, with the aim that children in the East and Southern Africa Region (ESAR) are safe and protected.
The purpose of the Migration and Displacement pillar is to support the protection of children on the move through the engagement with multi-country/regional institutions to address gaps in policy formulation and implementation and based on the work of CO and partners.
The Child Protection Manager (Children on the Move) will lead the M&D pillar by providing strategic technical direction to drive innovative and responsive programming in East and Southern Africa.
They will represent Save the Children work with interagency, government and donor partners to ensure it is well-positioned to attach resourcing to enable the delivery of high-quality programming for children in the region.
They also oversee the running and coordination of the Migration and Displacement staff and projects within the Regional Programmes Unit. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in child protection, social work, or community development.
- At least 5- 6 years’ experience working in child protection service delivery, coordination, or technical support especially children on the move at the country level.
- Proven business development and resource mobilization experience.
- Significant experience in program management including having budget oversight of complex regional/ multicounty projects.
- 3 years managing delivery through partners
- Strong experience working on migration and displacement including experience working closely with national or regional government structures.
- Previous leadership and staff management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders at different levels and varied backgrounds.
- Experience with Save the Children, especially in terms of member relationships
- Distance management experience.
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.
We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please CLICK HERE to attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Closing Date: Sep 10, 2020