Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Reports To: Regional Manager
Department: Mombasa Branch
Job Summary: The incumbent shall support the regional manager and provide administrative oversight to branch activities, developing and growing the business by establishing and maintaining good working relationships between various stakeholders at the branch level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, appraise, training and development of staff in the branch.
- Overseeing the activities of underwriting and claims in the branch.
- Vetting all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates.
- Preparing and maintaining up to date underwriting manual / underwriting guide and enforce compliance.
- Ensuring that the risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programmes.
- Marketing company products and ensuring standardized service to all customers.
- Ensuring timely preparation of management reports.
- Take part in process re-engineering to enhance service standards
- Consult and advice continuously on all issues regarding claims management keeping the claims manager updated on all technical professional and industry developments.
- Continuously formulate review of all claims processes and procedures ensuring compliance to the established set standards as contained in the claims operational manual.
- Daily receive and allocate all mail instructions and notifications including email, verbal instructions, letters, personal visits, phone calls and ensure conclusion and confirmation to the customer and ensure that the mail register is fully updated.
- Advising the underwriting departments of all claims made against each policy and the recommended risk improvement measures to enhance claims experience and keep track of emerging trends.
- Compiling the monthly reinsurance registers and ensuring that all the recoveries are done and diarized for follow up.
- Manage the annual claims review of outstanding reserves continuously adjust the claims reserves as each claim progresses and ensure that settled and finalized claims are marked “closed files” and Premia system records updated to ensure archiving is done on the laid down standards.
Job Holder Specifications:
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Insurance or equivalent from a recognized university
- Recognized professional insurance qualification.
- Result Oriented and ability to Multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Well versed with general business insurance product knowledge and industry trends.
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience with 5 years in a management position.
- Excellent team leadership
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 10th September, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.