Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Lead in designing, planning and supervising implementation of Jhpiego’s communication strategy and consequent programs’ communication plans of the country program including work plans and budgets.
- Producing, and overseeing the production of, written and graphic materials which ensure consistency and compliance with program brand, values, key messages, and style guidelines
- Oversee collating of impact narratives and thought leadership articles (opinion pieces) within Jhpiego strategic objectives, including issue & lead identification, story board creation, writing and dissemination.
- Mainstream project communication principles within project management cycle through collaboration with teams to tailor make communication solutions for individual projects -include: implementation plans and budgets
- Promote collaboration and dialogue across teams by introducing diverse methods, tools, and channels for internal communication including a feedback mechanism
- Identify, network and build relationships with key collaboration partners Including donor, governments, media owners, editors, reporters, producers and bloggers to build an ally media base and increase positive visibility for Jhpiego beneficiaries.
- Provide guidance to the Country Director and Project Directors’ on communication needs and decisions pertaining to Jhpiego Communications and market positioning.
- Develop and participate regular informal and formal reflection, knowledge sharing and learning events on communications
- Manage digital and social media presence
- A Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public/media relations, or a related field;
- 8 years’ work experience in communications or public relations with a track record of success in raising the visibility of social issues and organizations, and shaping public debate;
- Proven ability to manage the workflow of projects, including facilitating project scope, identifying goals and deliverables, planning and scheduling project timelines, and monitoring project progress;
- Experience interacting with donor funding agencies and/or private sector
- Experience in development of strategic and tactical communication interventions;
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Experience in developing content for a variety of materials (e.g. news articles, newsletters, web content, advocacy resources, and email marketing materials, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to research, write, fact-check, and edit a variety of communication pieces for target audiences with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, handle simultaneous assignments, and work within a team setting across varied time zones;
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to concurrently manage a large number and wide variety of projects with strict deadlines;
- Experience working on health, and/or social issues a plus;
- Proficiency in Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, MS ACCESS and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by Friday, 11th September 2020 . Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.