Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: IRC9269
The Scrum Master shall be the facilitator for our Agile team working under the scrum methodology. He/She shall be responsible for delegating tasks appropriately and ensuring the team is working on the right tasks at the right time. He/She will also work together with Technology relation team and product owners to ensure a healthy product portfolio and to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for development.
- Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices and their application for the delivery of projects and business initiatives and acts as an evangelist for adoption agile methodology within the enterprise.
- Ensures that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive for project delivery while facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution and helps to remove any impediments to the project delivery.
- The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, coaches, mentor and teaches agile standards and Scrum practices (e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum, XP, DevOps, SAFe, LeSS etc) to the scrum, project teams and the whole development organization.
- Organizes and facilitates and leading scrum ceremonies (sprint planning meeting, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospects etc), events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Collaborates closely with Product Owners and Technology Relationship Management teams to prepare and clarify the Prioritized Product Backlog and the Definition of the Done Criteria and facilitates Prioritized Product Backlog Reviews with the product owner.
- Facilitates identification of the stakeholders and manages the stakeholders and vendors as required for business projects or initiatives.
- Responsible for creating release plans including deliverables and the release deadline, plans and estimates the highest value deliverables for the next release.
- Demonstrate and Validate Sprints by facilitating presentation of completed Deliverables by the Scrum Team for the Product Owner’s approval.
- Supports the Scrum Team in determining the length of sprint, creating the deliverables, identification of tasks and effort estimation for the tasks agreed for a sprint.
- Monitoring progress and performance of the scrum teams and institute mechanisms geared towards making improvements in terms of self-organization, productivity and efficiency.
- Keeping the organization up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects & initiatives by preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 7 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience successfully implementing projects using Agile & Scrum methodology.
- Scrum Master Certification is required.
- Technical knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- Experience in administering burndown technologies, retrospective formats, and handling bugs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal below and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 09th September 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.