Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will nor only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the company’s finances, financial reporting, business planning, and budgetary control.
- Working with the current finance, program, and development staff to support and expand the strategic capacity of the financial function.
- Identification of the financial goals of the organization and options to achieve them.
- Analyzing data and making financial decisions
- Making cash flow forecasts
- Reviewing and approving of bank reconciliations.
- Approving the bid analysis/report for all purchases.
- Modifying the master supplier files.
- Payroll and statutory management
- Modifying of General Accounts this includes: adding, deleting, mapping.
- Approving of all changes in the General Ledger Accounts.
- Approving of all Journal Entries.
- Approving of all project accounts invoices.
- Conducting departmental appraisals.
- Tracking and monitoring of all payable and revenue transactions.
- Tracking and monitoring of all cash transactions.
- Review and approval of management accounts.
- Preparation of all budgets and ensuring budgetary control.
- Ensuring cost management and control measures are adhered to by all.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Professional qualification in CPA (K)/ACCA
- Postgraduate qualifications in Accountancy or Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Management a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Accounting & Financial Management, 2 of these in a managerial role
- Experience working in a microfinance institution will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ERP systems, Computer Literacy & proficiency in Accounting systems – SAGE
- High levels of integrity, strong management/interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis.
- Able to interpret and clearly explain complex financial data to non-finance staff.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
If interested, kindly send your CV, and Salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘’Finance Manager’’