Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Novo Nordisk is looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to take up the role of Supply Chain Manager, based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for performing supply chain activities to ensure an optimal and uninterrupted value chain setup, business operations, and product flow to all the countries in the Middle Africa Affiliate.
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa Affiliate
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa Affiliate (MA) consists of 49 countries and was formed early 2012. Novo Nordisk has a well-established presence in Africa with the best quality human insulin and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure patient access to higher quality modern insulin and newer product formulations and support the people living with diabetes. The Middle Africa management team is based in Nairobi, Kenya and the business operations are regionally managed through our offices in Nairobi, Lagos, Abidjan, and Dakar.
Value chain management and optimisation:
- Continuously evaluate and suggest options for improving and optimising the value chain.
- Suggest options for optimising customer contracts and drive implementation together with regional sales managers.
- Act as sparring partner to the Commercial Affairs & Strategy (CAS) team and the pricing responsible and provide timely and relevant input to optimise the pricing strategy.
- Drive a MA supply chain project to identify and evaluate options for MA supply chain optimisation and recommend further actions.
- Drive the Sales & Operations Planning process with relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively flag any supply and logistics risks, overstock and freshness risks and help to mitigate potential issues. Escalate relevant issues to the Finance & Operations Manager (F&O) and in Sales and Operations meetings.
- Take ownership of the forecasting process and suggest actions to improve the forecast accuracy.
- Deliver analytics and insights to the MA management team to ensure a solid basis for data and evidence-based decision making.
- Act as reliable, analytical, and business savvy sparring partner to the F&O Manager and the rest of MA management team, by identifying and bringing forward actionable insights.
Oversee logistics management and perform this when needed:
- Plan the supply for MA markets, in close collaboration with regional managers, CAS and F&O Managers, by placing and monitoring orders to Novo Nordisk factories, monitoring stock levels and ensuring optimum level of inventory.
- Create orders in SAP R3 in accordance with approved material numbers, incoterms, prices and payment terms.
- Inform Customers/internal stakeholders on delivery times and changes.
- Participate in launch coordination meetings and coordinate the alignment between MA and Product Supply Launch Office.
- Act as the main contact between Product Supply, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Shipping and other internal departments to ensure timely delivery of the requested orders.
- Provide relevant input to agreements with third parties.
- Maintain customer and price lists in SAP.
- Ensure that documents required by customers/customs authorities are compliant and delivered on time.
- Diligently check L/Cs to avoid any discrepancies. Control the L/C and relevant bank documents upon receipt and ensure that required conditions are applicable.
- Issue debit/credit notes and proforma invoices in compliance with ICQ when required.
- Keep and maintain a systematic and sustainable filing/archiving system for all order related documents.
- Retain/archive documents in compliance with local regulations of all markets based on the local and corporate document retention guidelines.
To qualify for the position you must have:
- A relevant B.Sc, Engineering or similar.
- M.Sc. in Supply Chain or business administration would be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain and logistics in an international company, preferably in supply chain analytics, logistics handling, customer service and import/export environment.
- Demonstration of successful project management with cross-functional and cross-cultural projects.
- Proven experience and exposure to international trade and good knowledge of international trade tools.
At Novo Nordisk, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes. We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, haemophilia and growth disorders to change their lives. By working with us you will have an opportunity to do the same in a global business environment.
If you are interested in joining our team in Nairobi and consider this position as a career challenge, please Click Here To Apply
Deadline 11th September 2020