Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
No of Positions: 4
Grade: KS 9
Ministry /Corporation: Kenya Bureau of Standards
Directorate/ Division Human Resource and Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Section / Unit: Customer care
Location / Workstation: KEBS Head office Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
Reports to: Assistant customer care manager
The holder of this job is responsible for collecting and tabulating customer care data to enable improvement in the service delivery at the Kenya Bureau of Standards.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Receiving all customers/visitors to Kenya Bureau of Standards, records all details of visitors/customers and direct them to respective officers;
- Receiving correspondence delivered, records and dispatch to the designated person/offices;
- Conducting monthly telephone surveys by calling customers/visitors and enquiring on their experience during the past visit to Kenya Bureau of Standards;
- Receiving and forwarding complaints to the customer care officer;
- Ensuring availability of informational brochures at all customer point/receptions in order to inform customers about Kenya Bureau of Standards and its services;
- Collecting feedback forms from suggestion boxes weekly;
- Implementing the Quality Management System;
- Displaying information on plasma screen /notice board to guide technical committee members to various meeting rooms; and
- Returning identity documents to customers and contacts those who have forgotten to minimize cases of loss of identification documents.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institutions.
Makes decisions using work instructions
Works predominantly within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- KCSE C- (Minimum)
- Diploma in Customer Care, Public Relations, Front Office or related field from a recognized institution (Minimum).
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Need to know and Attributes:
- Knowledge in data collection and analysis
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Positive Attitude
- IT proficiency
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be submitted online via KEBS website under careers page: www.kebs.org on or before 21st September, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The applicants must comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
It is important to note, after successfully uploading and submitting the application, the applicant will receive a system generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Any academic certificate from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education, Kenya.
Please ensure you have the following documents at hand for the application process.
1. ID & PIN Copies
2. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Academic Certificates
5. Professional Qualifications
6. Professional Bodies’ Membership Certificates
7. Constitutional Documents