Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Grade: KS 4
Ministry /Corporation: Kenya Bureau of Standards
Directorate/Division: Finance and Strategy
Department: Planning and Strategy
Section / Unit: Business development and Project Management
Location / Workstation: KEBS Head Office – Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
Reports to: Head of Planning and Strategy
The job holder is responsible for design, testing, planning, implementation, communication with stakeholders, monitoring and evaluation of projects to realize desired project deliverables in line with KEBS strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Participate in development of the Sectional Work plan and budget;
- Assembles project staff for their technical or functional development and performance, in implementation of projects.
- Manages project budget and resource allocation.
- Presents stakeholder and other project requirements to senior management for approval.
- Resolves or assists in resolution of conflicts within and between projects, stakeholders and provides corrective action.
- Develops performance targets and related budgets for Planning and Projects Section based on the balanced scorecard methodology
- Implements a performance management system in the Planning and Projects Section
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports on status of projects and MOUs to management and external partners
- Mentor and coach staff
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate
- Acts on behalf of HOD planning and strategy as assigned.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Defines project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements in liaison with the respective heads of departments and other stakeholders
- Participates in liaison with HOD – Planning and strategy, in outside project related activities that support current projects and create opportunities for future funding of projects.
- Coordinates training of members of project teams in order to improve project oversight.
- Develops monitoring and evaluation tools to enable effective project management
- Monitors and evaluates projects using appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools in order to determine progress of projects and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Negotiates MOUS and agreements in liaison with heads of departments and external stakeholders
- Presents the draft MOUs to management for approval
- Monitors and evaluates implementation of MOUs in order to determine progress of implementation and recommend the necessary actions.
- Represents KEBS in Government trade meetings and missions as assigned,
- Participates as a member in functions assigned to committee
- Participates in development of sectional budgets
- Makes recommendations for approval of expenses for technical work.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Institution
- Makes operational decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Sciences/Sciences/Management and Information Technology with a post graduate Diploma in Project manager,
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Registered with relevant professional body
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Management System Auditor/Assessor;
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Need to know:
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
- Knowledge of Government and Donor procedures
- Knowledge of project management IT tools
- Knowledge of basic Human resource management and financial management
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be submitted online via KEBS website under careers page: www.kebs.org on or before 21st September, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The applicants must comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
It is important to note, after successfully uploading and submitting the application, the applicant will receive a system generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Any academic certificate from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education, Kenya.
Please ensure you have the following documents at hand for the application process.
1. ID & PIN Copies
2. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Academic Certificates
5. Professional Qualifications
6. Professional Bodies’ Membership Certificates
7. Constitutional Documents