Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Grade: KS 4
Ministry /Corporation: Kenya Bureau of Standards
Directorate: Quality Assurance and Inspection
Department: Human Resources
Location / Workstation: KEBS Coast Region
Reports to: Regional Manager- Coast
The job holder manages, coordinates and provides general administrative and Human resource services , asset management, and supervision of support services for the KEBS Regional office to achieve KEBS Strategic objectives as guided by the establishment, budgets and Human Resources Policy and procedures.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop strategies and solutions for implementing the Human Resource Strategies and Objectives in the region.
- Provide technical advice to the Regional Manager, the Coast region’s management team and staff on Human Resources policy issues and regulatory framework.
- Coordinates staff training and development process in the region to enhance the staff competencies and maintain records.
- Coordinates Succession Planning in the coast region ensure business continuity for critical positions in the organization.
- Coordinates staff exit process to ensure separation and clearance in the region.
- Develop, review and monitor the Human Resources Budget.
- Controls the movement of assets in and out of one office to another by maintaining a movement asset register to enable traceability to them
- Monitor performance through score card, by doing monthly evaluations and prepares monthly report in order to identify any need for corrective action. In addition, supervises and monitors the driver’s performance.
- Evaluates the contracted services quarterly and yearly by filling the evaluation forms for service satisfaction and improvement.
- Prepares the departmental budget and performance reports
- Participates in preparation of the human resource & administration procurement work plans
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintain Employee relations within the region for harmonious work relations.
- Prepares leave schedules and computations through the yearly projections
- Identifies the training needs of the staff in the region and prepares the training projections.
- Conducts staff appraisal though Balanced score card
- Computes off days, maternity/paternity leave by issuance of memos upon request
- Fills and signs the work ticket for transportation of staff and organization resources.
- Inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness by filling the checklists
- Establishes and install key controls on departmental communication equipment and property access
- Undertake any other duties of similar level and responsibility as may be directed from time to time.
- Development of budgets
- Approval of expenditures
- Approval of petty cash
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets in the department.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitor subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance
Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Social Science with Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource or Higher Diploma in HR, Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Practicing Certificate in Human Resources
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Management System Auditor/Assessor;
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Work force analysis
- Corporate governance
- Quality Management Systems
- Professional interview techniques
- Human Resources Management Information system
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- Knowledge of labour laws & Industrial relations
- Strategic management
- Talent management models
- Change Management
- Coaching and mentorship.
- Performance management.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Work under pressure
- Counselling Skills,
- Conflict resolutions
- Emotional intelligence
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be submitted online via KEBS website under careers page: www.kebs.org on or before 21st September, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The applicants must comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
It is important to note, after successfully uploading and submitting the application, the applicant will receive a system generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Any academic certificate from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education, Kenya.
Please ensure you have the following documents at hand for the application process.
1. ID & PIN Copies
2. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Academic Certificates
5. Professional Qualifications
6. Professional Bodies’ Membership Certificates
7. Constitutional Documents