Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Grade: KS 4
Ministry /Corporation: Kenya Bureau of Standards
Directorate: Managing Director
Department: Internal Audit
Division: Internal Audit Services
Section / Unit: Internal Audit Services
Location / Work station: KEBS Head Office, Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
Reports to: Head of Department – Audit
The job holder provides an independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of the risk management system and of the internal controls put in place by management.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Review audit reports from staff and compiles a final report for relevant heads of department to take management action on recommendations made to ensure the objectives of the plan are achieved.
- Plan and assign work to be performed in the risk management process to ensure all aspects of the system are evaluated.
- Participate in the development of the departmental budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports
- Mentor and coach staff
- Appraise staff as part of the performance management process and propose intervention programs as required.
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Analyze the final accounts and financial statements by examining documents supporting the accounts to ensure system reliability, data integrity and authenticity of reports.
- Review reports on the software systems in the organization to assess the effectiveness of the controls, ensure data integrity and system reliability.
- Assess effectiveness of corrective actions implemented by departments from audit recommendations by reviewing follow-up audit reports
- Develop the training needs assessment plan in accordance with the established skills gap of the staff.
- Participate in maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Development of sectional Budget.
- Approval of sectional expenditure.
- Approval of petty cash.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets in the section, assigned by the institutions.
- Provides oversight for physical assets assigned to the section.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates’ performance.
Works within the office and travels to the regions.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Accounting or Business,
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Management System Auditor/Assessor;
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Need to know: Attributes:
- Knowledge of Sage ACCPAC and IFMIS Analytical skills
- Certified as a Quality Management Systems Auditor
- Knowledge of data analysis software
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of PPOA and relevant policies, regulations and statutory obligations.
- Computer proficient
- Organizational skills
- Management and governance skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills
Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be submitted online via KEBS website under careers page: www.kebs.org on or before 21st September, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The applicants must comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
It is important to note, after successfully uploading and submitting the application, the applicant will receive a system generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Any academic certificate from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education, Kenya.
Please ensure you have the following documents at hand for the application process.
1. ID & PIN Copies
2. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Academic Certificates
5. Professional Qualifications
6. Professional Bodies’ Membership Certificates
7. Constitutional Documents