Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Crop Science is a Division in Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, and one of the world’s leading innovative Crop Science Companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, vector control, seeds and traits, seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following position:
Environmental Science Development and Technical Support Manager – Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
Ref No. 2020/HR/ES-001
Primary function of the role is to ensure that relevant trial programs are completed on time and are of appropriate quality to support both local product registration dossiers and to support global product dossiers, as needed.
This will be focusing on but not limited to the Vector Control market.
This position has primary responsibility for Product Development project management of the Environmental Science (ES) Portfolio for SSA.
Purpose: To provide strategic direction and advice to ensure product strategies are delivered as planned and contribute to the achievement of South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa region’s objectives in terms of product development targets, portfolio expansion and technical support to sales.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Utilize technical knowledge and resources available locally and globally to develop market-leading commercial technical support capacity for the business (RSA). It is expected that the outcome will be strengthened key-account relations and an increased ‘pull effect’ in product sales. Expected areas of delivery would Include customer technical support, promotion, training, products defense & stewardship and sustainable development initiatives.
- Initiate & manage product development trials required for registration purposes in SSA for Vector Control and other market segments.
- Maintain relationships wit1 existing partner research organization and, as necessary, identify new external partners which allow us to complete product development trial plans on time and to an appropriate quality.
- Undertake Field trials to support the efficacy dossiers of our core product range.
- Providing with biological trial data necessary for new projects, re-registrations, label extensions and geographic extension of existing products.
- Manage the Product Development budget.
- To work closely with Market Development functions to support exploration of new opportunities. This might lead to new product developments. This function would assume responsibility for driving such development projects at a local level once market development has confirmed the value to do.
- Responsible for complaint handling support in terms of product performance (RSA Only).
- Responsible to support Marketing team with technical tools/knowledge in order to add value to customer Interactions aligned with Business Strategy. (RSA Only).
- Manage the dissemination of wider training to customers as required (RSA Only).
- Represent the business on relevant external technical committees or expert groups with the aim of influencing others to defend the BES interests (RSA Only).
- Participate in the stakeholder engagement activities of BES and form and maintain close cooperation from key industry influencers, representatives or bodies (RSA Only).
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Degree in Entomology, Biology or a BSC degree
- High level of knowledge of insect and rodent biology and thorough understanding of the technical characteristics and use of vector & pest, control products
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Professional Pest Management industry
- Experience of developing and managing technical presentations
- Thorough understanding of the technical characteristics and use of control products
- Detailed knowledge of PPM industries within RSA & SSA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including ability to produce reports of a high scientific standard related to development and technical issues of the BES product portfolio
- Good interpersonal skills
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Time: Regular
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees contact no later than 11 September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received after the stated date above will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.