Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – INTERNAL AUDIT – EACC “4” (1 POST), REF: EACC/IA/DD-IA/3
Reporting functionally to the Commission and administratively to the Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
This position is responsible for the development of Internal Audit Strategies to monitor and evaluate the Commission’s policies, procedures, systems and regulations to promote prudent use of the Commission’s resources, good governance and effective utilisation of resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing internal audit strategies, policies, systems and procedures;
- Coordinating programmed and ad hoc audits of operations and activities of the Commission to monitor and evaluate use of the Commission’s resources;
- Consolidating, reviewing and signing internal audit reports and providing secretariat services to the Risk & Audit Committee;
- Coordinating review of financial systems in place and EACC compliance to financial policies, records maintenance, accounting procedures and reporting guidelines;
- Coordinating the preparation and issuance of periodic reports to EACC, Risk & Audit Committee and Senior Management on status of implementation of the Internal Audit work plan;
- Developing and monitoring effective utilisation of the Department’s budget to support the implementation of the Department’s strategy;
- Providing advisory services to the Commission with regard to sound management systems (Governance), risk and controls processes;
- Developing systems to identify, determine and assess risk areas, level of risk and suggest remedial measures;
- Advising management on the integrity of processes and operations to ensure that the Commission obtains value for money;
- Monitoring implementation of audit recommendations in the Commission to facilitate effective and efficient operations;
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and promote effective control at reasonable cost;
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures to facilitate proper utilisation of the Commission’s resources;
- Designing, developing and updating internal audit work plans, audit programmes and audit manual;
- Ascertaining the reliability of management data developed within the Commission;
- Facilitating the periodic review of internal control systems to ensure their adequacy to prevent errors and irregularities;
- Evaluating measures put in place by management to ensure that the Commission’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses of all kind;
- Providing technical support and advisory services to other departments in the preparation of the departmental budget;
- Responsible for Internal Audit Department budget.
- Monitoring and appraising performance of Internal Audit staff in line with quality standards and work processes to ensure the achievement of the departmental objectives and recommend operating improvements;
- Providing litigation support including reports to Parliamentary Accounts Committee;
- Responsible for audit of the EACC budget and budgetary performance report to the National Treasury.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of fourteen (15) years;
- Must have served as the Head of Internal Audit or in a comparable position for at least five (5) years in a reputable organisation;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/ Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K);
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) finalist or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Registered member of the following professional bodies: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), or Information Systems Audit Control Association (ISACA);
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Thorough knowledge in development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management Framework;
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs);
- Attended training in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following core competencies:
- Leadership skills;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to apply internal audit standards through practical application.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 15th September, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification