Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR – FINANCE AND PLANNING, JOB GRADE – EACC “3” (1 POST), REF: EACC/FP/D-FP/1
Reporting to the Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
This position is responsible for the development of accounting and financial reporting policies, budgetary control policies and the effective management of payroll, to ensure operations in the Directorate are timely and accurate, to achieve the Commission’s overall strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking leadership in the development of the financial accounting and reporting policies and procedures to ensure alignment of the Directorate’s objectives with the overall Commission strategy
- Developing appropriate mechanisms to control the Commission’s financial resources and enforcing accounting procedures to be in line with Government regulations and standards;
- Developing financial controls to mitigate financial leakage or fraud to ensure effective accountability and prudent use of funds allocated;
- Participating in the development of the Directorate budget and monitoring the implementation to ensure efficiency in the utilisation of the Commission resources;
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the annual work plan for the Directorate to ensure deliverables are met and are in line with established timelines and quality standards;
- Leading the development and performance management of the Deputy Directors to ensure the achievement of both individual and Commission goals;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual statutory accounts, monthly and quarterly management accounts as well as financial reports to fund providers and other stakeholders;
- Formulating and constantly reviewing Financial Reports, Financial Policies, Regulations and Procedures in line with legal framework, Government Regulations and the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Complying with legal and financial regulatory framework including International Public Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and relevant statutes e.g. Public Financial Management Act (PFM Act), Public Audit Act, Income Act, etc.;
- Designing and implementing the Commission’s systems of internal controls;
- Managing accounting systems including Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPs);
- Providing strategic direction on matters of finance and planning;
- Taking leadership in the preparation of Commission’s financial plans and financial statements;
- Overseeing the allocation of funds in the Commission to ensure continuity of operations and maximum utilisation of resources allocated to activities of the Commission;
- Coordinating and managing external audits to enhance transparency and accountability of the utilisation of resources in the Commission;
- Monitoring and reviewing financial and physical implementation of projects and programmes and initiating corrective action;
- Benchmarking EACC financial activities with other Commissions and setting the pace in best financial management practices;
- Providing financial management advisory services to the executive management including analysis and advising on financial implication of Commission’s decisions;
- Resolving complaints and conflicts related to financial services and Directorate staff relations;
- Liaising with Commission Partners including donors, National Treasury, auditors, bankers etc.;
- Ensuring validity and integrity of Commission’s expenditure to safeguard its resources;
- Overall responsibility for financial support service to Commission;
- Authorising payments; and
- Overall responsibility of quality statutory and financial management reports for the Commission.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of fifteen (15) years;
- Must have served as the Chief Finance Officer or in a comparable position for at least five (5) years in a reputable organisation;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised university;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognised University;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K);
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution;
- Member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Previous hands on experience in Accounting Software (ERP);
- Public Sector budgeting skills;
- Accounting and financial management skills;
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards knowledge;
- Project Management skills; and
- Strategic investment and financing skills.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following core competencies:
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Problem solving skills; and
- ICT Skills.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 15th September, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification