Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LEGAL OFFICER II, JOB GRADE – EACC “8” (1 POST), REF: EACC/LS/LOII/6
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Regional Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting policy documents, guidelines and regulations;
- Evaluating evidence submitted for determination of its sufficiency and recommending appropriate action;
- Holding brief in the prosecution of anti-corruption and economic crimes and violation of codes of conduct cases;
- Providing actual legal representation in cases where the Commission is sued;
- Drafting contracts, Memorandums of Understanding and partnership agreements between the Commission and third parties;
- Instituting civil proceedings for compensation or recovery of public assets acquired through corrupt activities;
- Carrying out legal research, reviewing legislations and making recommendations on amendments and providing legal advice/opinion to the Commission; and preparing reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years from a reputable organisation;
- Bachelor of Laws from a recognised institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current practicing certificate unless exempted;
- Certificate in computer application skills.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 15th September, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification