Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC PLANNING
CHAIRPERSON – COUNTY AUDIT COMMITTEE ONE (1) POST Terms of Service: 3 years Contract on part time basis
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen,
- Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option).
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the constitution,
- Have at least 10 years of experience in a Senior Management position.
- Be a member, in good standing, of a professional body such as: ICPAK; ICPSK; IAK; ACCA; ACFE and any other relevant professional body.
- Be an independent proactive leader with confidence and high integrity,
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the Government of Makueni County,
- Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management,
- Possess a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing
- Possess excellent working knowledge of an audit committee functions and risk management framework,
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be available to develop and closely monitor committee agenda,
- Not a holder of a political office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set the agenda for each meeting with the committee members
- Provide oversight on risk management, controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the County Government and make appropriate recommendations to the County Executive Committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and
- Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors
- Arrange for a periodic review of the effectiveness of the audit committee alongside its mandate.
- Demonstrate independence and impartiality in decision making which accord with the legal constitutional and policy requirement
- Provide clarification to members on the audit committee’s responsibilities.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(i) Position applied for should be well marked on the envelope;
(ii) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
– The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
– The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
– The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii)The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD