Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT
JOB GROUP P
Terms of Service: 3 years Contract
Salary: Kshs. 87,360 x 3,190 — 90,550 x 4,490 — 95,040 x 4,860 — 99,900 x 5,010 — 104,910 x 5,240 — 110,150 x 5,500 — 115,650 x 5,780 — 121,430 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the main duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Manager will be to:
- Ensuring sound financial and accounting procedures, principles and controls;
- Implementing computerized financial information systems;
- Interpreting financial reports, statements and accounting records;
- Developing and implementing financial management policies, systems and procedures aimed at improving financial reporting and accounting;
- Planning and coordinating timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates;
- Coordinating ISO processes and compliance;
- Providing strategic direction in the Finance, Administration and Planning functions of the Authority;
- Working closely with the Management team and advising on financial implications of the proposed actions;
- Monitoring effective implementation of the Financial, Human Resource and Accounting strategy;
- Acquiring and implementing Financial Management Information Systems to improve performance;
- Oversee Resource Mobilization for the Authority; 12) Ensuring adherence to contractual agreements; and
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate C+ (Plus) or its equivalent qualification;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting & Administration or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a professional body such as: ICPAK and/or ACCA;
- Be an independent proactive leader with confidence and high integrity,
- At least seven (7) years of experience in Financial Management, Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance and Accounting, three (3) of which should have been ina Senior Management position.
- Have demonstrated professional administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of a public/private organization;
- Proficiency in application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Have a good understanding of the Public Service Financial, Accounting, Administrative and Human Resource management;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office; 12) Strong interpersonal and communication skills; 13) Attention to details and a team player;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(i) Position applied for should be well marked on the envelope;
(ii) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
– The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
– The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
– The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii)The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD