Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT
JOB GROUP P
Terms of Service: 3 years Contract
Salary: Kshs. 87,360 x 3,190 — 90,550 x 4,490 — 95,040 x 4,860 — 99,900 x 5,010- 104,910x 5,240 — 110,150 x 5,500 — 115,650 x 5,780 — 121,430 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the main duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager will be to:
- Plan, organize and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to stipulated quality standard.
- Coordinate packaging, incubation of finished products as well as handing over finished products to stores;
- Support development of bills of quantities and supervise civil works including other plant projects;
- Coordinate the maintenance of all the factory utilities and equipment;
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for the production operations;
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures;
- Ensure the availability of all the utilities needed for efficient production;
- Ensure that monthly production reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner;
- Monitor and review the performance of the production and engineering teams as well as organize the necessary interventions for improvement;
- Estimate production costs, set targets, manage and implement cost control;
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between other sections including procurement and distribution;
- Monitor, and track performance indicators under the engineering and production sectors;
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate C+ (Plus) or its equivalent qualification;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering, or Equivalent from a recognized university;
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in overseeing production and manufacturing processes. Experience in the production of fruit Juices, milk, or soft drinks will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of machines and tools;
- Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices;
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards;
- Knowledge of health, safety standards and compliance;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to details and a team player;
- Good data collection, analysis and report writing skills;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(i) Position applied for should be well marked on the envelope;
(ii) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
– The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
– The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
– The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii)The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD