Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT
Terms of Service: 3 years Contract
Salary: Kshs. 25,470 x 1,110 — 26,580 x 1,120 — 27,700 x 1,150 — 28,850 x 1,170 — 30,020 x 1,250 — 31,270 x 1,300 — 32,570 x 1,380 — 33,950 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the HR/administration officer, the duties and responsibilities of the secretary/administrative assistant will be to:
- Handling office communications (telephone, emails, etc.) and appointments;
- Receiving and assisting Visitors;
- Transfer external calls and correspondences to respective offices;
- Typing correspondences;
- Taking minutes in meeting as and when required;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and other office supplies;
- Ensure security of records and documents;
- Receiving and dispatching of mails and documents;
- Provide general office management and clerical support;
- Establish and maintain a proper filing and information keeping system;
- Ensure that queries from the public and customers are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Coordinate internal and external meetings; 13) Ensure cleanliness of offices;
- Issue stationery and other office supplies including maintaining accurate records of printing and photocopying activities;
- Provide secretarial services during team meetings;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from KNEC or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Business Education single and group certificates from KNEC in the following subjects;
- Typewriting III (50 WPM)/computerized document processing III
- Short hand II (80 WPM)
- Business English II/Communications I
- Office practice II
- Secretarial duties II
- Commerce II
- Office Management III/Office administration and Management III
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution and knowledge in basic computer programmes such as word, excel and use of internet
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in general office management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(i) Position applied for should be well marked on the envelope;
(ii) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
– The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
– The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
– The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii)The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD