Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT
JOB GROUP J
Terms of Service: 3 years Contract
Salary: Kshs. 31,270 x 1,300 — 32,570 x 1,380 -33,950 x 1,390 -35,340 x 1,460 — 36,800 x 1,470 — 38,270 x 1,470 — 39,740 x 1,520 — 41,260 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the production manager, the main duties and responsibilities of the water operator will be to:
- Effectively and efficiently operate the water supply and treatment facilities so as to meet the plant’s water requirement;
- Operate the water intake pumping stations;
- Primary treatment of water at the compact floatation unit;
- Keep daily records of water treatment chemicals usage;
- Take water meter readings and keep records of water usage for the plant;
- Inspect the water pipelines and perform minor maintenance works;
- Inspection of air valves, sluice valves, wash outs and any other installations;
- Perform housing-keeping tasks for all the water installations and facilities clean.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Diploma is water technology or any other related course from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- At least 3 years’ experience in water treatment plants;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to details and a team player;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(i) Position applied for should be well marked on the envelope;
(ii) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
– The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
– The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
– The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii)The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD