Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Performance Specialist
Reporting to Director Transformation & Performance
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
To lead the development and execution of driving strategy driven performance across the entire organization. Alignment and driving, performance management is the key activity and set of processes that aim to maintain and improve employee performance in line with an organization’s objectives.
To develop, articulate, and drive a system of performance from the CEO all the way down the new employee of Telkom to ensure our strategic objectives match our performance culture.
Working For Us, We Expect You To:
- Development a mechanism for tracking financial targets specifically for Revenue, Gross Margin, OPEX, EBITDA for the overall company and all business units
- Evaluates the financial aspects of products, pricing, budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
- Ensure the fiscal health, efficiency and effectiveness of the company strategy implementation
- Co-create with various functions at Telkom the ability to create visible performance tracking and operational efficiencies
- Ensure business processes are aligned to the company’s strategy direction
- Identify the needs for processes to be created and continuously improved to support the direction of the organization
- Provide Leadership with the insights of day to day performance management
- Ensure senior management is well equipped with the knowledge of the impacts projects and initiatives have within the company
- Develop efficient systems for collection information on performance
- Gathering and analysing cross-functional performance data
- Presenting statistical performance analysis and recommending solutions
- Design and review policies related to employee performance
- Lead, develop and inspire teams
- Provide training and development to managers on best practices
- Identify, report, and resolve workplace or interpersonal barriers to performance
- Setting performance objectives and updating as necessary
Academic background & Professional Knowledge:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Business
- 4 years’ experience in operations management/ project management
- Telecommunications Sector Experience
- Experience in customer data management and field visit experience to understand the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Good understanding of accounting/financial standards and principles and ability to resolve basic financial and accounting problems
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and communicate effectively with all levels of Telkom Kenya staff
- Ability to establish policies, priorities to manage and evaluate projects
- Very good knowledge and presentation skills using and other relevant software (for the purpose of analysing data and producing reports)
- Product development for performance management
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong determination to succeed
- Appetite for innovation and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to think outside of the norm and present new ways of getting things done (innovation)
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Project management skills
- Product and business development skills
- Ability to perform relevant data analysis to drive the business toward success
- Strong experience with data analysis
- Statistical knowledge is a huge plus
- Communication and relationship building skills
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com for internal applicants only and to firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 14th September 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.