Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Finance & Grants
Reporting To: Procurement Officer
Duration: 3 Months
The AAS is a pan African organisation headquartered in Kenya, which aims to drive sustainable development in Africa through science, technology and innovation. It has a tripartite mandate of pursuing excellence by recognizing scholars and achievers; providing advisory and think tank functions for shaping the continent’s strategies and policies; and implementing key Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) programmes that impact on developmental challenges through the new agenda setting and funding platform, the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA).
AAS intends to develop its register for suppliers for various goods and services for the period 2020-2022. For AAS to achieve the updated list of its suppliers, the organization is seeking to engage the services of a qualified Temporary Procurement Assistant to evaluate the pre-qualification document from prospective suppliers for goods and services. The Temporary Procurement Assistant should be able to evaluate and short list five suppliers in each category of goods and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the evaluation template with assistance of AAS Procurement Committee. Document the template provided by the Procurement Committee and use it for evaluation of pre-qualification documents.
- Document all the findings in the evaluation criteria as guided by the Procurement Committee. Capture the reasons explaining the successful and unsuccessful firms.
- With the guidance of procurement officer, prepare a summary list of successful firms in each category. (minimum of five).
- Prepare a list of firms that participated in pre-qualification process for each category.
- Provide evidence that the information provided by firms in pre-qualification document is correct.
- Support the Procurement Committee in conducting due diligence of the shortlisted Suppliers.
- Work with the procurement officer in preparing the final report on prequalification process.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience in procurement processes including prequalification of suppliers
- Registered member of KISM and CIPS desirable
- Working experience of MS Office applications
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Willingness to learn and attentive to details.
All applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, and a cover letter submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject no later than 4th September 2020 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.