Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance & Admin Assistant – DCA Kenya Office.
Place: Kakuma , Kenya
Contact person: Isabella Gacheri
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Finance & Admin Assistant to be based in Kakuma.
The main responsibilities of the Finance & Admin Assistant are:
- In close consultations with the Area Manager (AM), Finance Officer (FO) and Country Director (CD), you will facilitate DCA financial management and operational functions in Turkana County.
- Maintain and update cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balance.
- Check all payment requests before payment is made and ensure its proper coding, budget availability and backed by completed supporting documents. Responsible to checking legality of receipts and for the payment effected
- Ensure that the DCA financial manual rules and guidelines are followed at the field office,
- Assist in managing and reconciling bank/cash and other balance sheet accounts follow up of timely settlement of advances within the set deadlines Prepare reconciliation for advances, receivables and payable accounts with due dates and follow up its subsequent clearance.
- Provide day to day logistical, procurement and administrative support in the day to day implementation of project activities
- In coordination with ProLog Officer ensure effective servicing of contractual obligations with suppliers, as well as partner support in procurement and administrative guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring all requested payments are made to suppliers in due time and in accordance to policy.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant’s field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Area Manager.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Area Manager and/or Finance Officer from time to time.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related discipline
- CPA part 2 would be desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven person who is results orientated and able to work in a challenging working environment.
- An individual who fosters inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders.
- Excellence communication skills in English both oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 9th September 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.