Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMET is a local non-governmental organization founded and registered under the Kenya Trustees Act in 1996, with a mission is to promote innovative and sustainable quality Health Programs among under-served communities.
KMET is currently implementing a program in 3 targeted counties (Kiambu, Bungoma & Uasin Gishu) supporting Access for Adolescents to Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SAFIRE).
Adolescent girls are twice as likely to have an unmet need for ASRH information and services putting them at increased risk of unintended pregnancy and maternal mortality and morbidity due to various pregnancy related complications including unsafe abortion. They are also more likely to face barriers and stigma associated to age, teen pregnancy, as well as lack of information on available services increasing the risk that they delay seeking services.
KMET is therefore seeking, to recruit a qualified individual to support our ASRH programs in integrating Psycho-social Support Service (PSS) in an effort to support the adolescent who might require such services in line with WHO definition of health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity
Main Purpose of the job
Facilitate and coordinate provision of professional counselling “Lean on Me” services as a component of SAFIRE program using a human – Centered Rights based approach adolescent girls and Young Women (AGYW). He/ She will be member to different KMET technical groups for SGBV, Child Protection, Safe Haven, Health and Psycho-social Support Working Group.
Technical Leadership and Program implementation
- Take active leadership role in the development and implementation of the PSS program.
- Develop intervention programs and activities that improve psychological care.
- Establish the pathway to facilitate all required counselling services
- Facilitate and coordinate provision of professional counselling services for AGYW.
- Conduct follow ups on protracted psycho social needs in the program.
- Promote efficiency and high standards of psychological care to adolescent girls
- Provide technical support in developing of capacities of collaborating Community based organization on basic guidance and counselling.
- Participate in the professional training of staff to ensure highest standards of healthcare.
Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, Learning and Innovation
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Control both in data collection and Good Clinical Practices.
- Compile and submit timely weekly, counselling report to the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular site visits both face to face or virtually to facilitate specialized preventive interventions (SGBV, and ASRH interventions).
- Ensure that the Counselors organize regular counselling and guidance sessions within the groups or individual girls with emotional, social, and post procedure disorders.
Engagement Networking and Collaboration
- Carry out psychological and psycho social assessments within the program and any other Outreach Center’s as may be directed.
- Co-ordinate and implement all project-related psycho social services.
- Identify and make appropriate referral of AGYW with specialized needs to specific service providers.
- Provided weekly Update on services provided to individual AGYWs within the programs for further actions.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conferences
- Degree in Nursing/Clinical counselling/ psychology from a recognized institution
- Registration with the relevant professional regulatory bodies; and
- Must have served in the position of Clinical Psychologist for at least 3 years; 1 of which must have been in a health facility under supervision of a senior psychologist.
- Team management and experience in handling Adolescent girls
- Project reporting and evaluation experience
- Proven fluency in Swahili, both written and spoken.
- Working knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Collaborative: Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable: a good listener.
If you meet the above requirements please send a Copy of your CV with a Cover letter indicating why you are qualified to handle this project and also indicate expected salary, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting ‘Psycho social Support Service (PSS) Counselor ’ as the subject in the email.
Deadline for application is September 15, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KMET is an equal opportunity employer