Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- To effectively manage the implementation of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives and facilitating in ADR discussions.
Tasks and outputs:
- Provide leadership and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) function.
- Work with the revenue department to ensure seamless ADR process.
- To oversee the Case Review Forums.
- To analyse and review Comprehensive Information Packs on tax disputes referred for ADR.
- Facilitate and moderating ADR discussions.
- Review technical and other reports for CTDR.
- Support and implement the CTDR annual work plans and ensure compliance and implementation.
- Support and Implement the formulation of policies, operational guidelines, targets in order to optimize staff productivity in the Division.
- Cascading of Divisional target and monitoring the same.
- To ensure compliance with Divisional SLA’s.
- Manage an effective feedback mechanism for tracking ADR initiatives.
- Coming up with strategies for stakeholder engagement (both internal and external).
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division.
- Facilitate complex tax disputes.
- Establish and maintain Strategic linkages and relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to strengthen tax dispute management and resolution initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCom), Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Law.
- A Master’s Degree, and/or CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses.
- A good understanding of Revenue Statues and International Taxation.
- Specialist in areas such as Transfer Pricing, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, VAT, Income Tax, Excise Tax, ECCMA etc.
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
Minimum years of experience
- Seven (7) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, three (3) of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 16th September 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.