Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REF. NO: TVO/09/2020/001
TERMS OF SERVICE: Three (3) years contract
Responsible for providing independent and objective assurance on effectiveness of internal controls in the company. Primary responsibilities include performing financial, operational and process audits of the company’s business.
Reporting to the Board of Directors functionally and administratively to the Managing Director.
- Operational Audit
- Coordinate timely preparation of risk based internal audit work plans and budget estimates as well as outlining key activities to be undertaken to achieve desired targets
- Monitor the administration and use of internal audit policies and procedures and make recommendations for change to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements and best practices
- Perform business process risk assessment and determine areas of high risk and audit focus to be incorporated in the audit plans for approval by the Audit committee
- Execute audit plans and document audit observations findings and recommendations
- Examine, evaluate and report on the adequacy of internal controls and advice Management and the Board on the same
- Conduct special audits and investigations and report on observations, finding and recommendations
- Regularly report and update the Audit Committee on planned reviews, investigations and any other related ad-hoc activities
- Communicate and follow reports and recommendations to ensure implementation of actions points as approved by the committee
- Prepare comprehensive written reports
- Perform control reviews for ICT systems security, development, maintenance, disaster recovery and other cyber security related matters
- Evaluate ICT control environment with regards to emerging technologies and recommend adequate control measures to mitigate any risk exposures
- Administrative Roles
- Offer leadership to staff in the department
- Staff training and performance management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to internal audit procedure manual and plans
- Attend and participate as Secretary to the Audit Committee meetings
- Work closely with external auditors and provide relevant support as may be required
- Perform any other role as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Be a holder of CPA (K) or its equivalent
- Be registered with Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), or Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)
- Relevant work experience of not less than five (5) years in similar position
- Be proficient in computer applications
- Master’s degree with a bias in Accounting or Finance will be added advantage
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
Be a Kenyan Citizen
How to Apply
Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity by obtaining clearance from higher education loans board (HELB), Directorate of criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), and Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters together with CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials addressed to:
The Managing Director
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd and should send their applications ONLY by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy deliveries are currently being discouraged to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Applications should be received on or before 2nd October, 2020 at 4.00 p.m
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Candidates found Canvassing will be disqualified
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dated on 3rd September, 2020