Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jubilee Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company, with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. The company maintains subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. Its activities are mainly in the insurance sector.
- To lead, manage and set standards for the finance and accounting team within the Jubilee organization across all markets in which the group operates.
- To support the CEO in the development of strategy with supporting budgets and business plans.
- Upgrading financial controlling and reporting standards in Jubilee whilst supporting the business to achieve targeted growth and profitability.
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation and solvency of the insurance subsidiaries, through accurate reporting, and developing standards of financial performance in the accounting and finance areas, including coordination with the internal and external actuary.
- Overseeing the investment management activities of JHL and its subsidiaries.
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Help to determine company policy and explain complex financial matters to other company executives, board directors, government officials, shareholders etc.
- Ensure JHL’s financial benchmarks and targets are in line with Group standards and communicated and implemented across all Jubilee business lines and branches.
- Coordination of the JHL Strategic planning and Budget process.
- Provide financial direction on potential M&A or regional expansion activities, including the preparation of business plans and budgets for potential new operations.
- Coordinating the investment strategy of the company to monitor and manage Asset and Liability matching.
Controlling and Reporting
- Develop and coordinate implementation of integrated financial and management information systems.
- Analyse and report financial information to management and the Board within agreed timelines including profit & loss statements, capital investment, budget allocation, cash flow forecasting and asset-liability management.
- Advise and be a point of reference for the CEO and Board of Directors in all financial matters which impact JHL.
- Review and analyse financial data and performance against plan and industry overall performance
- Ensure timely delivery of reports required by regulatory and industry bodies.
- Establish and maintain the financial business plan for the company, including the expense budget and monitor variances between budget and actual performance.
- Maintain effective models of the business to support the business planning process
- Implement systems to enable management of expenses and capital needs within budget
- Ensure adequate recruitment and development of finance staff.
- Agree and evaluate targets (budget and performance) to steer and motivate the department according to agreed performance management and budget targets.
- Coordinate with the Internal Audit team to ensure a transparent and objective review of all points raised through the internal audit process.
- Oversee the activity of the external auditors and actuary for JHL in collaboration with the respective Finance Manager’s.
- Coordinate with the internal and external actuary to ensure completion of statutory valuation and reserve calculations.
- Experience of financial management and accounting practice within an insurance company environment is desired.
- Experience of running the finance function of a major organization
- Chartered Accountant with practical experience of modern accounting practice including the application of International Accounting Standards.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent planning, managerial and follow up abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people oriented with an ability to mobilize teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High problem-solving abilities.
- Creative and highly motivated with an ability to handle work pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Keen on learning, self-development and employees’ development.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written & spoken English.