Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The role holder will act as the leader a team of database administrators responsible for planning, implementation, and operations of KCBs data systems (both structure and unstructured data). The environment is composed of diverse database systems running Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL servers.
The position holder will also lead in evolving the function into a fully-fledged data management function looking at both structured and unstructured data to support the bank in establishing big data and analytics practice based on evolving technologies such Hadoop and other open source technologies.
- Lead a team of database administrators maintaining KCB systems database systems running on diverse technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL etc.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production databases.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all data management systems.
- Responsible for data management capacity planning to meet required business needs.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical data management systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures.
- Responsible for support of data management systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Lead adoption of open sourced databases for both structure and unstructured data as an alternative to existing proprietary ones.
- Responsible for CapEx and OpEx planning within the domain.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the data management systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Establish effective relationship with suppliers and partners to influence their plans and maximize value delivery from the relationship for all systems data management services.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional is required, Oracle Certified Master (OCM) preferred.
- Experience in Opensource SQL database (MySQL/Maria DB, PostgreSQL)
- Exposure to emerging NoSQL database eg Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday 15th September 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.