Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: ARO040920
Category: Clinical Research-NeuroAssessment
To assist with the collection of psychological data from children aged 6- 12 years.
- Principal Investigators of the study
- Project Manager.
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme conducts high quality clinical studies on both communicable and non- communicable diseases.
In an upcoming project, we aim to measure the impact of Tungisias infection on developmental and scholastic outcomes of school aged children. The ARO will work in consultation with the PI to ensure that all logistics are performed in good time, to supervise data and sample collection, and to participate in communications and engagement strategy. The post holder will need to be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision against demanding yet, often unpredictable timelines.
- Train and supervise fieldworkers.
- Participate in cognitive assessment of children.
- Participate in sample collection.
- Interview parents and collect data from community members.
- Ensure questionnaires/ data forms are properly completed.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Provide support and guidance to the field workers on data collection.
- Participate in data analysis and preparation of manuscripts.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- At least 1-year experience in nursing/clinical care or research studies
- An understanding of electronic data capture methods
- Familiarity with statistically analysis software such as SPSS, STATA or R.
- Good organisational skills
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Evidence of good written skills
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 18 September, 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).