Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Care Workers for the Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response Project
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and the projected spike expected in mid-September 2020, the country will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring testing, facility isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruiting additional staff to man the isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi metropolitan area and the existing institutions of learning; to increase port health personnel to assist in disease surveillance at the ports of entry; and to increase the staffing levels for the laboratory testing facilities across the country.
Laboratory Information management officers-Data Officers (54 positions)
The Ministry of Health is seeking to recruit 54 Laboratory information management officers who will be responsible for managing testing data in the 25 laboratories affiliated to the MoH. The officers will report directly to the managers in respective laboratories.
- Reception and preparation of samples for testing and their digital indexing into relevant data bases
- To keep records on sample flows from reception to result
- To accurately enter patient metadata into COVID-19 data bases and link them with laboratory data generated.
- To collate, clean, curate and analyze data in all COVID-19 databases before their release to patients/health centers and to the National COVID data center
- To develop, curate and maintain hardcopy and digital databases related to sample testing and archival of primary samples and biological materials generated in the laboratories through testing
- To validate, Interpret and collate results using established algorithms and the transmit these results for rely the patient and to the National data center
- To keep an inventory of laboratory reagent and materials needs, use and requests.
- Development, improvement and updating laboratory Standard Operating Procedures related to data management
- To liaise with the laboratory technologists and the laboratory in charge in timely release of results to the right recipients
- Liaise with the logistics and liaison officers in tracking laboratory reagent needs and consumption rates.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the laboratory head
- Sufficient knowledge on molecular testing and identification of errors in molecular data
- Sufficient knowledge in management of laboratory results and their dissemination
- Sufficient knowledge in data management packages such as ODK, Epicollect, etc.
- Competence in computer packages including MS excel, word and PowerPoint
- Sufficient knowledge in basic data management and analysis platforms such as MS excel, STATA, R, INSTAT.
- Previous attachment, internship or employment in a molecular biology laboratory conducting PCR, ELIZA and related tests is an added advantage.
Scope of Work
- Accurately entered metadata accompanying samples submitted to the testing laboratory
- Updated and curated Data bases of testing laboratories
- Data synthesized and prepared in the right formats for analysis and dissemination to various stakeholders.
- Testing results submitted to patients and/or health centers in a timely manner
- Results submitted to the National COVID-19 data collating center
Terms of employment
6 months contract
Stationed at various Covid-19 testing laboratories supported by the Ministry of Health
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to respective addresses as provided below and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th September, 2020.
- Medical officers; email@example.com
- Nutritionists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics officers; email@example.com
- Physiotherapists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory technologist; email@example.com
- Nursing officers; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychologists; email@example.com